In an ever-changing, constantly evolving world, it is inevitable that technology plays a massive part in the day-to-day workings of your business. In return, your working life and running of your business should feel more manageable and smoother.
At SBCA, we’re all about focusing on the positives that technology brings to our lives. There’s no denying that the world of technology has much to offer us as professionals and business owners.
We have many time-saving tools to help run your accounts efficiently. If you’d like to hear about those, give us a call, and we’ll guide you to the tools that will work best for you and your business.
We also know that the drains on your time are often outside your finance function. We have compiled a list of our favourite technologies that we would personally recommend for you to enjoy.
Benefits of incorporating technology in the workplace
- The ability to streamline repetitive processes with automation.
- Overhead cost savings with remote work and BYOD devices.
- Higher employee productivity, efficiency, and overall satisfaction.
- The ability to better serve customers.
- Keep a close eye on the opportunity to tap into non-local talent and competitors.
- Enhanced communication and collaboration amongst your team.
- Increase security – a massive factor within the business world.
- Achieve compliance.
- Support your technology with a managed service provider (MSP).
Tools to look out for
1. Todoist: Task management software
Become focused, organised, and calm with todoist. The world’s #1 task manager and to-do app. It cleverly and seamlessly helps you become more productive and efficient in many brilliant ways.
With Todoist, you can:
- Organise your daily life by adding tasks that enable you to achieve more each day.
- Achieve a sense of mental clarity as it helps empty your head of too much information.
- Incredibly simple, user-friendly, and provides a transparent platform for powerful task management.
- A trustworthy task manager, which even offers a free trial period
2. Dragon by Nuance: Voice recognition software
Dragon by Nuance is a world leader in the voice recognition field, trusted by millions of businesses who already take advantage of all it offers. Available as an app on your mobile, it helps you to get the most out of your day with fast, accurate speech recognition, dictation, and transcription – you need never miss a great idea again, plus you’ll save hours that would have been spent writing notes.
Forever a challenge when running a business is ensuring productivity for yourself and your team. Dragon by Nuance is known to drastically reduce time spent on tasks, freeing up capacity for other activities.
With Dragon by Nuance, you can:
- Save 2/3 of the time transcription usually takes.
- Enjoy simple productivity solutions for your whole workforce.
- Choose the productivity package to best suit your business needs.
- Take advantage of the “always latest,” easy-to-deploy cloud-hosted speech recognition solution that integrates seamlessly into enterprise workflows and optimises thin-client and virtualised environments.
Dragon by Nuance is ideal for business owners requiring high volume dictation or have an abundance of administration to manage. If you’re a smart phone user, it’s worth checking out the dictation options on your phone for a faster way to reply to text messages and emails. A word of caution – always check your message before sending as the dictation to text is unlikely to be as accurate!
3. FollowUpThen: Email management tool
FollowUpThen is a simple, flexible email address that can be used alongside any email system on any device. It allows you to follow up on emails at a particular time of day simply by typing a specified email address in the Cc or Bcc field (depending on whether you want the reminder to be seen by the recipient or not). ‘Inbox zero’ could be closer than you think.
With FollowUpThen you can:
- Ensure you never miss an email – as it reminds you when a follow-up is needed.
- Clear out your inbox in a supportive, helpful way.
- Shorten your ever-growing to-do list.
- Use on any device. No installation is necessary.
4. MileIQ: Business mileage tracker
MileIQ enables you to track your business mileage as you go and log the information in a way that has never been simpler. The mobile app ticks along in the background as you go about your daily business. You just swipe right to view your business drives and left for personal ones. You can use MileIQ on your desktop or mobile for accurate mileage reports.
With MileIQ, you can:
- Enjoy automatic mileage tracking.
- One-swipe classification (right for business and left for personal travel).
- Download and access accurate mileage reports.
- Private and secure, with expert help always available.
5. Mind Jogger: To remember the simple things
Mind Jogger’s handy, user-friendly app is excellent for setting daily reminders. For example, you can select the times to remind yourself and the time slot – say between 8 am and 3 pm – and choose a unique sound for the alert. Simple yet effective, and you can try the basic version for free, which means no commitment or end-of-trial fee.
With Mind Jogger, you can:
- Enjoy reminders that are about anything of your choosing.
- Build better habits – train your brain, almost.
- Track your overall progress.
- Scheduled reminders help your brain to become more habitual – scientifically proven!
6. RoboForm: To remember your passwords safely
With Roboform, you can rest easy, knowing your passwords are safe and, most importantly – secure. RoboForm is a one-click password system that allows you to synchronise data between your mobile and desktop devices.
You’ll never need to remember or type your passwords again. RoboForm also securely stores all your passwords and logs you in with a single click (or tap). In addition, save time entering personal and billing information with AutoFill for long web forms.
With RoboForm, you can:
- Enjoy the freedom of never needing to write down your passwords.
- Rest easy, knowing your passwords are secure, safe, and protected.
- One-click convenient access.
- Enjoy multi-platform support.
7. Fiverr: Get all your work done
With Fiverr, you can outsource little, time-consuming jobs at a fraction of the cost. Ranging from illustration and design to voice-overs and jingles. Fiverr connects you to 1000s of freelancers who’ll do the job quickly at a highly competitive price.
With Fiverr, you can:
- Boost productivity as your team doesn’t need to spend time on menial tasks.
- Connect with excellent professionals – just a click away.
- Enjoy quality work done well.
- Protect your payments every time.
We are always seeking to help you work smarter, not harder. As always, we would love to hear from you for more information. So contact our friendly team today and find out how we create Time Money & Headspace for business owners.