Semi Senior Accountant – In Practice
Are you an accounting superstar and want to be part of an accounting family?
Are you ready for your accountancy career to take off?
Are you ready to grow, both professionally and personally?
Are you ready to get the chance to take on more challenging work?
Are you ready to make a difference to your clients lives?
What’s it like?
We are a young(ish!) team who work in a relaxed atmosphere in beautiful surroundings in Preston. The office is opposite a gorgeous park, where you can go for a walk and enjoy the smell of freshly cut grass, relax, and have an ice cream in the sunshine from the park café. You spend a good proportion of your waking hours at work, so we make it as enjoyable and as fun as possible.
We genuinely care about our team, and offer all the help and encouragement you need to be the very best you can be. To this end we offer training on personal development – not just the technical stuff.
There’re also the simple things, like bottomless tea, coffee (and we’re talking “proper” coffee), and onsite parking. We have team meet-ups and events both in and away from the office, (bowling, crazy golf, meals out etc), an opportunity for flexible working, and full visibility into how the practice is performing and your part in that success.
We believe in helping you do what you do best every day. We keep admin tasks to a minimum, so you won’t be spending your time chasing records!
You will be part of an organisation that is always looking for a more efficient way of working, innovating, and challenging the way that we do things. Your ideas will be valued.
What will you receive?
- Salary range is between £24,000 and £32,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- The role is for 35 hours a week, and we’d have a conversation about the how we could make this work best for you in terms of location and when you work those hours
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays, including 4 over Christmas as a minimum. There is no fighting for holiday at Christmas and New Year, as the office is closed
- We’ll contribute to your pension scheme
- Team events. Some previous events have been bowling, crazy golf, lazy lunch, and curling
- Bottomless tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Lots of onsite parking
- Personal development training (we’re not just about the technical CPE)
- A chance to shine!
What do we need you, the accounting superstar, to be? You will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years practice experience (not contractor based)
- Be able to support our clients in a variety of ways with preparing statutory accounts, management accounts, personal and business tax returns, bookkeeping and VAT returns
- Be confident in looking after clients. You’ll know when to pick up the phone, offer a Zoom or just to say, ‘Hi, how are you?’
- Know how to use cloud bookkeeping platforms (we are xero based).
A little bit about us
We are Preston based family firm of Chartered Accountants, and we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of our clients and teammates (which could include you!) by helping generate the free-time, money, and headspace so they can enjoy what’s important to them.
We are currently a team of 9 – you could be joining that team!