We’re a long-established, family-owned chartered accountants firm in Preston that’s different
SBCA is different because…
We’re committed to making your life as easy as possible, whether that’s with breakthrough tax advice or simple things like summaries at the top of our letters so you know exactly what’s needed from you. We’re a chartered accountants service in Preston who can work effectively with you wherever you’re based.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Fixed fee service – so you can budget effectively. You’ll know what that is before we start, and all the services it includes.
- Free ad-hoc advice – when you’ve got something going around in your head, it can literally eat up your time (not to mention keeping you awake). As an SBCA client, you’ll always have someone to discuss it with.
- A business ‘partner’ and sounding board – we know from experience how useful it is as a business owner to have someone to talk to that you trust.
- A no-nonsense, no-quibble guarantee – if you’re not happy with the service you’ve received, all we ask is that you pay us what you think it’s worth.
Our values are at the heart of how we work with you:
We don’t want to offer a ‘just so’ service – we want everything to be ‘just right’. To us, this means:
- Setting our own standards high in everything we do for you and getting the job done in the best way we can.
- Thinking ahead – suggesting business and tax advice before you ask us.
- Using our knowhow to add to yours – providing you with tax planning videos, business book summaries, checklists and more.
- Sprinkling a bit of magic – because we all need it sometimes. That’s why there’s a champagne bar in reception. And a designated team happiness manager (well, OK, it’s Chris’s dog, but he’s actually quite good at spreading the joy).
- Doing whatever it takes to get the job done when we said it would be done – we want to give you the WOW factor.
- Doing the right thing always – even when that means telling you what we think you need to hear rather than what you want to hear, and even when it means less business for us.
- Encouraging you to reach your potential, accepting that, sometimes, it might mean going outside your comfort zone.
We’re here to support you.
- Forecasting tax bills as far ahead as possible.
- Keeping your aims front and centre of mind when we’re working with you.
- Making sure we communicate with you when we need to.
- Taking the time to translate what we do into plain English so we don’t bamboozle you with accountants’ speak.
- Writing letters clearly so you know what you need to do, including stickers to show you where to sign something and starting letters with ‘in a nutshell’ summaries.
- Looking for ways to help you take meaningful action to grow your business.
- Doing what we say we will.
- Getting back to you fast: we aim to respond to your calls, emails and letters within 24 hours.
We’re chartered accountants, based in Preston
It’s more reassurance for you of the highest standards:
- We’re required to do continuing professional development so we’re bang up-to-date
- We’ve got £1.5m of Professional Indemnity cover
- We get inspected by our professional body
- We’re bound to, and are committed to, doing everything ethically
- As well as Chris, we also have several other chartered accountants on our team.
Making the most of technology for your business
At SBCA, we’re firm believers that the right technology can enhance your business processes and success. We’re always looking for new ways to boost the service you receive from us with the technology we use too. You’ll see we use Xero cloud-based accounting software and a tax diagnostic tool, and will recommend relevant apps and integrations.